2013-2014 AUC English Language International Graduate Fellowships, Egypt

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 05/19/2013 - 23:03

2013-2014 AUC English Language International Graduate Fellowships, EgyptApplications are invited from admitted Graduate Students of the TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language) for the 2013 English Language Graduate Fellowships at the American University in Cairo, Egypt.

The programme is offered to those who need to enrol in remedial English language classes in order to satisfy the English language Graduate Admission requirement at AUC. Students may enrol in the English Language Institute’s (ELI) full-time intensive program in the fall, spring or summer semesters or in one or more academic English for graduate modules.

Worth of Award

• A waiver of 50 percent of the tuition for the ELI intensive English for fall, spring or summer semesters, or full tuition coverage for up to three modules
  • The award is not applicable to repeated courses.
  • In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned five hours per week of related academic or administrative work.

Eligibility:

• Admission to the TAFL (Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language) that requires English language proficiency to satisfy degree requirement.
  • A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.

To Apply You are to:

• Step 1: Download and submit the graduate application form to the TAFL MA program.
  • Step 2: Complete the online fellowship application.
  • Applicants for the ELI intensive program must submit the fellowship application on line.

Deadline: Applications should be submitted by July 1 for the fall semester, December 15 for the spring semester and May 1 for the ELI Intensive Summer Program.

• Selection of recipients is made about one month after each of the deadlines.
  • For inquiries, please contact grad@aucegypt.edu