2013-2014 Slovakia Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 06/03/2013 - 01:05

2013-2014 Slovakia Scholarship for Students from Developing CountriesStudents from developing countries can now apply for the 2013-2014 Slovak Republic scholarship for developing countries to study in Slovakia. Applicants must be resident outside Slovakia by the time of application. The programme is a project activity of the SR Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the framework of the international development assistance.

Worth of Award

• The SR Government scholarship is provided up until the day of completing the standard length of study (first, second and third degree of higher education) in an aliquot part in the respective month pursuant to a notification from the respective university.
  • A scholarship holder who has completed the first degree of higher education through final exams and continues in the next academic year in the Second Degree of Higher Education will be paid the scholarship during the summer holidays following documentation of the claim
  • Up to €280 monthly

Eligibility

• Applicants should be national of developing countries applying to study in the Slovak Republic

An SR Government scholarship is not provided to the student if

• The student is absent from the respective university in the SR for longer than 30 calendar days in a month
  • he/she changes the higher education study programme without the prior consent of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
  • exceeds the standard length of study set by the statute of the respective university in the SR for the selected Study Programme
  • does not begin study at the date given in the notification on the SR Government Scholarship grant without the prior consent of the SR Ministry of Education, Science, Research & Sport;
  • for any reason ceases to be a student of a public university in the SR, or the SR Government scholarship holder is removed from the register of foreign students;
  • Acquires permanent residence in the SR, with the exception of EU citizens, or is granted SR citizenship.

How to Apply

• You must submit your application online and provide all necessary attachments in the application. Failure to apply online or to attach required documents will lead to automatic disqualification. See link below to start your application.

Deadline: Application for this scholarship closes on is 30, May 2013