2013 PhD Fellowship in Medicinal Chemistry-Organic Chemistry at University of Copenhagen, Denmark

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/04/2013 - 11:04

University of CopenhagenEligibility: The applicant must have
-obtained a Master´s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering or another relevant subject area
-fluency in English and excellent communication skills
Preferred qualifications
The qualified candidate has
-a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry at both theoretical and practical levels
-a creative mind and strong driving force to achieve novel scientific goals, independently as well as through -insight and interest in aspects of medicinal chemistry/drug design
-a desire to contribute to the development of novel psychiatric therapeutics for today´s unmet medical needs

How to Apply: Applicants are requested to submit their application electronically below including:
-Letter stating the interest and qualifications for the project (max. one page)
-Full CV
-Masters degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees)
-Possible publication list
-Possible references and recommendations
-Applicants with a Masters degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used

Subject: Various Courses

Level: This fellowship is available for pursuing PhD degree level at University of Copenhagen.

Provider: The Chemical NeuroScience Group at the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen

For Which Country: Denmark

For Whom: National

Description: The Chemical NeuroScience Group at the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen is pleased to announce that a PhD fellowship will be available from 1 September 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter. The application deadline is 12 July 2013. Applications are invited for the three-year fellowship from applicants who hold or expect to hold a master´s degree in a field relevant to the following project: Rational design and synthesis of ligands for the excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs).

Number of award(s): One fellowship is offered.

Duration of award(s): Fellowship is offered for three-year.

What does it cover? Salary and other terms of employment are stated in the Protocol on PhD Research Fellows signed by the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).

Selection Criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

Deadline: The application deadline is 12 July 2013. Please note that only online applications will be accepted.