Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship Program (DOE CSGF) in USA 2014-2015

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 09/05/2013 - 07:03

Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF)Eligibility:-The DOE CSGF is open to U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens who are planning full-time, uninterrupted study toward a Ph.D. at an accredited U.S. University. Those studying engineering and the physical, computer, mathematical or life sciences are encouraged to apply provided they meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
At the time of application, eligibility will apply to: Undergraduate seniors:
-Applicants with no more than B.S. or B.A. degrees who are not enrolled in graduate school First-year graduate students (M.S. Degree or Ph.D. Students without an M.S. degree)
-Enrolled M.S. degree students beyond the first year provided that: a) they plan full-time, uninterrupted study toward a PhD. at a different academic institution OR b) they plan full-time, uninterrupted study toward a Ph.D. in a different department.
-Applicants with no more than M.S. degrees who are not currently enrolled and who will not have been enrolled in graduate school for two years prior to resuming graduate studies.-First year Ph.D. students with an M.S. degree provided that:
a) they completed the M.S. degree within two years in a different academic institution
OR b) they completed the M.S. degree within two years in a different academic department
OR c) prior to current enrollment, they had not been enrolled in graduate school for at least two years During the fellowship period, fellows are required to be enrolled as full-time graduate students at an accredited U.S. college or university and conduct research in areas of interest to the DOE.
-The summer should be spent conducting full-time research related to the completion of one’s degree program, enrolled in classes or on a practicum assignment.
-This equal opportunity program is open to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, physical disability or national origin.

Description: The Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF) program provides outstanding benefits and opportunities to students pursuing doctoral degrees in fields of study that use high performance computing to solve complex science and engineering problems. The program fosters a community of bright, energetic and committed PhD. Students, alumni, DOE laboratory staff and other scientists who share a common desire to impact the nation while advancing their science. Fellowship students represent diverse scientific and engineering disciplines but the common thread is their use of mathematical and computing techniques for their research.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: Pursuing PhD Degree Level at An Accredited U.S. University.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.

Provider: Department of Energy’s Office of Science and National Nuclear Security Administration

For Which Country: USA

For Which Country: US Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens in USA.

Number of Award: Not Known

Duration of Award: Fellowship support is available for four years and must be renewed annually.

What Does it Cover:
-A yearly stipend of $36,000
-Payment of full tuition and required fees during the appointment period (at any accredited U.S. university)
-A $5,000 academic allowance in the first fellowship year and a $1,000 allowance each renewed year (to be used for the purchase of a computer workstation or for research/professional development expenses)
-The potential to renew the fellowship for up to four years of total support

Selection Criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

Deadline: September 27, 2013.