Elite technology college offers students a chance to enter and receive full 4-year tuition toward revolutionary ...

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/02/2014 - 07:13

TEMPE, Ariz., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is offering prospective students the chance to receive a full 4-year tuition scholarship toward the technology University's Bachelor of Science in Digital Maker and Fabrication degree. Application deadline is April 30, 2014.

Eligible candidates are first-time, incoming, on-campus undergraduate students who wish to pursue this unprecedented degree – the first fully accredited program of its kind in the nation.  The degree is designed for future digital inventors, product design specialists and digital makers and fabricators.

The elite technology University in Tempe, Ariz., is currently enrolling for the maker degree program's founding class of 2014 that begins this fall. Only 45 candidates will be admitted for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the first educated maker experts in an area of technological change reshaping the nation and world. Students completing the Digital Maker and Fabrication degree will also file for a U.S. patent as part of their graduation requirement. They learn to take an idea from concept to prototype, secure patent protection for their innovation and how to raise start-up venture capital.

The emerging digital maker and fabrication industry is driving an innovation revolution much like the personal computer once did and is as game changing as the advent of the Internet. "We want to place our digital maker major graduates at the forefront of the digital maker and fabrication revolution, opening new doors of capability most cannot even imagine yet," says Jason Pistillo, UAT President.

The unprecedented degree for future digital inventors combines the curriculums and capability of UAT's existing and respected degrees in Robotics and Embedded Systems, Artificial Life Programming, Advancing Computer Science, Tech Product Design, Virtual Modeling & Design and Human-Computer Interaction. Students in the maker degree program will benefit from exclusive campus-wide, open-access to all tech labs on campus—from day one.

For more information about the program and scholarship criteria, and to submit the application, visit www.uat.edu/scholarship

About UAT:
University of Advancing Technology is an elite, private college that serves its student body by fostering knowledge creation and academic excellence in an environment that embraces the young technophiles of the world. With three centers of research and a suite of technology-centered undergraduate and graduate degrees, the University is a recognized leader in technology education.

SOURCE University of Advancing Technology