Georgia Society of Mayflower Descendants Honors Program Scholarship, Georgia 2013

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 09/06/2013 - 05:04

Washington UniversityScholarship Program: Georgia Society of Mayflower Descendants Honors Program Scholarship

Type of Award: Scholarship

Nationality: U.S. Citizens Only

Employer: The Clinical Hematology Research Career Development Program (Hematology CDP) at Washington University

Level of Study: Undergraduate Degree Level

Subject: Scholarship is offered in the field of History.

Duration: No known.

Number of Award: There are three recipients will be selected.

Am I Eligible: 1. The students must have completed two history courses at GPC and two Honors Program classes before the application deadline. (The two honors classes can be history courses.)
2. Students may nominate themselves or be nominated by a faculty member.3. The nominating packet should include the number of earned credit hours and GPA, a list of the history classes and the honors classes that have been completed at GPC, and the names of the
faculty members who taught these classes.
4. Cumulative GPA at Georgia Perimeter College of 3.50.
5. A brief essay describing the applicant’s plans for completion of an undergraduate degree in history and the reasons for pursuing history as a major.
6. Recipients of the awards must attend the Mayflower Compact Luncheon, which will be held at noon on Saturday, 2 November 2013, at the Dunwoody Country Club. (Each scholarship recipient will be allowed to bring one guest.

How Do I Apply: Applicants must submit their applications material By Post.

What Does it Cover: The $1,500 in scholarship funds may be distributed.

Description: The Georgia Society of Mayflower Descendants has generously created a $1,500 Scholarship for students in the Georgia Perimeter College Honors Program who are currently history majors at GPC or intend to major in history upon transferring to a four-year institution. The Honors Program would like to thank the Georgia Society of Mayflower Descendants for creating this scholarship and express its gratitude to Dr. Arthur E. Chapman, who is the current Governor of the Georgia Society.

Closing Date: 15 September 2013.