Herbert H. Howell Memorial Aviation Management Scholarship Award, Illinois 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 09/03/2013 - 15:09

Southern Illinois UniversityScholarship Program: Herbert H. Howell Memorial Aviation Management Scholarship Award

Type of Award: Scholarship

Nationality: Only U.S. Citizens

Employer: Southern Illinois University Aviation

Level of Study: Undergraduate Studies Program

Subject: Scholarship Subject area is Aviation.

Duration: Not known.

Number of Awards: Not known.

Am I Eligible: 1. The applicant must have a current “learning contract” on file with the Department of Aviation Management and Flight, College of Applied Sciences and Arts, SIUC, specifying Aviation Management as the major or secondary concentration.
2. The applicant must hold senior class standing as of the beginning of summer or fall semester of the year the scholarship is awarded. In other words, the student receiving the award must be continuing on at least one more semester at SIUC after the award of the scholarship.
3. The applicant must have a 3.25 cumulative grade point average in all work at SIUC.
4. There should be evidence shown of interest in airport planning or management (through school or work experience) in the applicant’s background for the Howell Award.

How Do I Apply: The mode of applying is By Post.

What Does it Cover: Scholarship award amount will range from $500 – $1,000.

Description: To honor Mr. Howell’s substantial contributions to the aviation field (particularly related to airport management and planning), an endowment fund was established at SIUC in his memory in April, 1982. One of the key purposes of this fund is to help students interested in airport-related subjects with Scholarship money. Normally, at least $500 – $1,000 is awarded to an AVM student.

Closing Date: 31 January, 2014.