iRise and California State University, Fullerton and California State Polytechnic University, Pomona Earn an A+ in ...

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 10/28/2014 - 10:00

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

iRise®, the global leader in enterprise visualization and collaboration software, today announced a new initiative with California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) and California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (CPP) to provide software licenses to more than 100 students in the university’s graphic design discipline within the art departments.

As part of the culmination of their curriculum, graduating seniors at CSUF will participate in a faculty-guided internship program and juniors and seniors at CPP will participate through course work on the design and usability of a mobile application. The students will also be eligible for iRise certification at the end of the program.

With iRise software, students will be able to learn how visualization transforms the software development process and enables them to collaborate with their peers and show the full functionality of the mobile application before it is developed. “We are pleased to offer iRise for the betterment of Cal State University students’ education at Cal Poly Pomona and Cal State Fullerton. Our departments look forward to continuing this exciting partnership,” said Sarah A Meyer, chair of the art department and graphic design professor at Cal Poly Pomona.

“We think it’s important for our graphic design students to learn and understand best practices in UX/UI design. Through this guided internship and using iRise software, students are receiving valuable experience that will prepare them for the unique challenges of today’s technology centric and global workforce,” said John Drew, vice-chair of the art department and graphic design professor at Cal State Fullerton. “Design is integral to any project and should be considered at the genesis of the project, rather than as an afterthought. With iRise software, our students are combining the art of design with the science of technology.”

iRise on Campus is a progressive educational program that provides targeted undergraduate and graduate university programs with the opportunity to use and leverage the cutting edge visualization technology of iRise in computer science, human-computer interaction, graphic design and entrepreneurship courses. Using the iRise visualization platform in these courses provides students with practical experience that translates directly to the workplace and enables young innovators to more visually express their ideas. Professors have the ability to quickly present interface design concepts and demonstrate effective requirements elicitation. iRise provides these programs with free licenses for all eligible students and instructors, a sample curriculum for visualization and a series of customizable workshops.

“By learning iRise, working on real-world projects and the ability to get certified on our software before they graduate, Cal State Fullerton and Cal Poly Pomona is providing students with a valuable experience that employers look for in today’s graduates,” said Emmet B. Keefe III, CEO of iRise. “We believe Cal State Fullerton and Cal Poly Pomona are at the forefront of a paradigm shift in how graphic design students are educated and prepared for the workforce.”

For more information on the iRise on Campus educational program, please visit http://www.irise.com/get-started/irise-on-campus/.

About iRise

iRise is an enterprise visualization software and services company that works with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, helping business and IT departments better communicate, collaborate, and ultimately deliver better software in less time. iRise is the only solution that allows all stakeholders to collaborate, adapt and innovate on their vision in real time throughout the entire software delivery process. Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., iRise is backed by Morgan Stanley Venture Partners, and Deutsche Bank, and has sales offices across North America and in London. For more information, visit www.iRise.com.

About California State University, Fullerton:

Cal State Fullerton, a leading institution of the 23-campus California State University system, enrolls more than 38,000 students and offers 109 degree programs. An intellectual and cultural center for Orange County, Cal State Fullerton is a primary driver of workforce and economic development throughout the region and a national model for supporting student success through innovative high-impact educational and co-curricular experiences, including faculty-student collaborative research. The University embraces its rich diversity, recognizing that it both enhances the educational experience for students and uniquely prepares them to excel as emergent leaders in the global marketplace and in their communities. Cal State Fullerton is recognized as a top public university in the West, in particular for its work in supporting underrepresented students in earning a college degree.

About California State Polytechnic University, Pomona:

As one of only two polytechnic universities in the state, Cal Poly Pomona is known for academic excellence, hands-on learning and affordable tuition fees. Education takes place both within and beyond the classroom, and students tackle real-world challenges, giving them an advantage as career-ready graduates. Nestled in 1,438 acres on the eastern edge of Los Angeles County, the campus serves more than 20,000 students, faculty and staff who come from diverse backgrounds. The Department of Art offers a Bachelor of Arts in Art History and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design. Uniquely situated in the College of Environmental Design, the department is dedicated to challenging students to have an awareness of environmental, social and ethical issues. Its faculty builds a foundation of creativity to support students' intellectual development while meeting their career goals. Please visit www.csupomona.edu for more information.