James Skillington Memorial Scholarship for Undergraduates in UK, 2014-2015

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 09:05

Newcastle UniversityEligibility: -The fund provides a student scholarship each academic year for a UK undergraduate student studying Chemistry at the University.
-First priority will be given to those students qualifying on academic and financial grounds applying for degrees in Chemistry. Should such a candidate not be identified, the Fund may be used to support a student in an alternative science subject, ideally in a discipline related to Chemistry.

Description: The family of James Skillington, to honours his memory after he died from leukemia whilst studying Chemistry at Newcastle University. The fund provides a student scholarship each academic year for a UK undergraduate student studying Chemistry at the University, and from a less privileged financial background.The award is for £2,000 split over three years, £1,000 in year one and £500 each in years 2 and 3.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Undergraduate Degree Level at Newcastle University.

How to Apply: Students wishing to apply for this fund must send an application by post including the following:
-Application form (PDF: 11KB) This form must be used or your application will not be considered
-Covering letter stating their course and reasons for applying
-Proof of financial hardship (e.g. Proof of student loans, government support etc) – copies are acceptable
-Proof of acceptance/enrollment onto the relevant University course – copies are acceptable
-Proof of UK citizenship (passport or birth certificate) – copies are acceptable

Provider: Newcastle University, UK

For Which CountryUK

For Whom: National

Number of award (s): Not Known

Duration of award (s): Scholarship is offered for three years.

What does it cover? The award is for £2,000 split over three years, £1,000 in year one and £500 each in years 2 and 3.

Selection criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

Deadline: 10 October 2014.