Monash Vice-Chancellor’s Honours-PhD Scholarships in Australia 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 09/03/2013 - 19:03

Monash UniversityEligibility:-Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa, or an International student.
-Continuing full-time undergraduate student and commencing your final year of study in semester one 2014, at a Monash campus in Australia.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: Pursuing Honours-PhD Degree Level at Monash University.

How to Apply:-International honours applicants: To be considered for an honours scholarship you must  apply directly to Monash once you have received a course offer and a valid authcate username and password.
-The honours component of the scholarship cannot be deferred.
-You will be permitted to defer the commencement of the PhD component of the scholarship for a maximum of one year.
-Faculties will invite students to apply.
-Applicants may be asked to demonstrate an interest in research by submitting a written statement and/or attending an interview.

Provider: Monash University

For Which CountryAustralia

For Whom: Australian, New Zealand and International Students

Description: The Monash Vice-Chancellor’s Honours-PhD Scholarship is offered to acknowledge high achieving undergraduate students and to encourage them to continue on to Undergraduate Honours and Higher Degree by Research programs.

Number of Award: Ten scholarships will be offered in 2014, distributed to one student from each faculty.

Duration of Award: Scholarships are offered for a maximum of one year for honours and three years full-time study for a PhD.

What Does it Cover: Total value of up to $78,000.
-Honours component: $6000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points), paid for a maximum of one year.
-PhD component: Monash Graduate Scholarship for a maximum of three years full-time study ($24,653 per year, 2014 stipend rate).

Selection Criteria: The scholarships will be based on academic achievement and offered to students with the most outstanding results in relevant studies.

Notification: Not Known

Deadline: Contact Employer