New Smartphone App, Sesh, Provides On-Demand Peer-to-Peer Tutoring.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/04/2015 - 11:17

PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanford, Inc. announces Sesh, which provides college students with peer-to-peer, on-demand tutoring. The new smartphone application has launched at Vanderbilt University and Stanford University, with plans to expand to 5 additional schools by June.

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150202/172886LOGO

The application allows students to request a tutoring session, or "sesh," instantly, at any time of day or night. Pre-screened tutors, who are other students that have excelled in the very course in which the student seeks tutoring, will arrive within minutes of the initial request. The application was created by co-founders Daniel Rossett and Zachary Saraf, a Vanderbilt senior and Stanford senior, respectively. Together, with their team of six other Vanderbilt and Stanford University students, they are changing the way college-students study.

"Sesh is unique," said Daniel Rossett, Sesh's CEO. "There are no other tutoring services that accommodate the schedules that college students have and their patterns of studying. Sesh changes that."

The application aims to create a more interactive and expansive learning community across college campuses. Sesh's goal is to provide a safe and knowledgeable outlet for students to help them succeed while supplying tutors with job opportunities that fit around their schedules.

Currently, Sesh is building a tutoring base online at www.seshtutoring.com, where tutors can sign up now to prepare for launch at their school. In order to register, tutors must submit their transcript to verify their coursework and grades, and prospective tutors must be enrolled with an approved university email address. From there, tutors are approved for specific courses and can start tutoring within hours. 

"We're excited. All the work we have put in was to get to launch, and now that we're here, we cannot wait to start building teaching communities through Sesh," added Saraf.

For more information, please visit their Facebook page www.facebook.com/seshtutoring or contact a member of the team at team@seshtutoring.com.

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-smartphone-app-sesh-provides-on-demand-peer-to-peer-tutoring-300029830.html