OUCET-2014 from May 30

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/07/2014 - 16:38

For the first time, the Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University will be accepting online applications for Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET-2014), which starts on May 30. The online submission of applications of OUCET-2014, for admissions into PG, PG diploma courses and five-year integrated programmes, will start from April 9.

“Accepting applications online will make data entry easy and students need not come to Hyderabad to submit applications. Significantly, there will be no sale of application forms by middlemen in the black market. We are sure that students in districts will not find it difficult to submit applications via internet,” said OU Vice-Chancellor, Professor S. Satyanarayana.

OUCET is for admissions into courses offered by OU, Telangana University (TU), Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) and Palamuru University.

To prevent malpractices, test booklets of two series have been introduced and to avoid impersonation, the left hand thumb impression of the candidate will be taken during examinations.

Addressing press persons on Monday, the Vice-Chancellor said that there will be no entrance tests for courses that receive few applications. “There are courses like political sciences, public administration and social sciences that receive less number of applications. Commerce, Arts, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are traditionally in huge demand,” he said.

The number of seats available are 18,625 out of which 4,867 seats are in the university colleges and remaining in affiliated colleges.

“Traditionally, PG courses in OU campus are in huge demand due to good faculty, infrastructure and hostel facilities. In all, there are 39 PG courses, 10 PG diploma courses and three 5-year integrated programmes,” OU registrar, K. Pratap Reddy said.

The last date to submit online applications without late fee is May 9 and with late fee of Rs. 250 is May 16. Online applications are available through www.ouadmissions.com and www.osmania.ac.in.