PhD Positions in Computer and Electrical Engineering at Mid Sweden University Sweden

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sat, 10/12/2013 - 01:03

Mid Sweden UniversityEligibility:-Candidates should be well-motivated and have a M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics or related subjects with a strong background in mathematics, good programming skills in Matlab and C/C++.
-We offer both projects of highly mathematical nature, and more practical work towards computers, electronics and implementation.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically. Please send an email to Prof. Mikael Gidlund (mikael.gidlund-at-miun.se) and/or Prof. Tingting Zhang (tingting.zhang-at-miun.se) with a personal letter and CV, grades (complete scanned transcripts of B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees), and master thesis/publications, if available. Incomplete letters that do not contain this information may not be responded to. Please use PDF format. Attachments in other formats will not be opened.

Subject Various Courses

Level: pursuing PhD at Mid Sweden University

Provider: Dept. of Information and Communication Systems, Mid Sweden University.

For Which Country: Sweden

For Whom: Swedish Applicants

Description: The research group in sensing and processing in communication networks (SPIN) belongs to the department of information and communication systems (IKS) at Mid Sweden University is in an expansive phase and we are currently recruiting new Ph.D. Students. The research group conducts internationally recognized research in the area of wireless communication and computer networks. The candidate would work in one of the following areas: wireless sensor networks, interference management, security, cross-layer optimization, cooperative localization and smart grids. The following tasks are assigned to the position
• Performing research in the above mentioned (or related) fields
• Collaboration with partners from academia and industry
• Teaching assistance
• Supervision of students during the Bachelor and Master Theses
• Publication and presentation of research results

What Does it Cover: PhD Students are employed by the university (monthly salary) and spend 80% of their time on research and 20% on departmental duties (mainly assisting with undergraduate and master level education).

Selection Criteria: Not Known

Notification: Not Known

Deadline: Contact Employer