Post University bucks tuition trend for second year in a row

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 03/18/2014 - 10:30

WATERBURY, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Post University announced today that it will not increase tuition for students attending its Main Campus in the fall. Tuition rates will remain at the 2012 level, making the university one of the most affordable private residential schools in the region, and an excellent value.

“It’s clear that college affordability and value continue to be persistent concerns for today’s families,” said Don Mroz, Ph.D., President of Post University. “At Post, we remain focused on providing a high quality, affordable education. By holding tuition at 2012 levels and offering substantial institutional scholarships, we’re able to offer more students access to the student-focused, career-driven academic programs provided on our beautiful New England campus.”

In addition to athletic scholarships, Post University also offers merit-based scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $14,000 a year to qualified students. The highest awards are given to the growing number of students who want to be part of the university’s Honors Program. In addition to generous annual scholarships, incoming freshmen who are accepted to the Honors Program are eligible for a full tuition grant in their fourth and final year provided they have a 3.5 GPA at the end of their junior years, are positive role models on campus, and are on track to graduate within four years.

“The fourth-year full tuition grant is just one of the major investments Post is making to support the growing number of incoming freshmen who want to take advantage of all the benefits offered through our Honors Program,” said Joe Chabot, Director of Admissions.

“I encourage college-age students who are looking for a warm and welcoming place to pursue their academic and career goals to take a very close look at all Post University has to offer,” said Mroz. “We take the investment students and families are making in their education very seriously, and we really are an exceptional value.”

Post University’s outcomes-based and career-focused academic programs are taught by scholar-practitioners who have advanced degrees and years of relevant professional experience in the fields they teach. Full-time faculty members have more than 1,200 years of collective experience as CFOs, vice presidents, research scientists, and marketing directors, among other leadership positions in the business world and public sector.

“Developed with the input of local business and public sector leaders, our programs are designed to provide the academic rigor and practical skills students need to achieve success in today’s competitive world,” added Mroz.

The university also offers 16 competitive Division II sports, as well as football and equestrian teams, and wide array of campus clubs and activities, providing students with many opportunities to further expand their leadership and career skills.

ABOUT POST UNIVERSITY:

For nearly 125 years, Post University has been providing student-focused, career-driven education designed to help students develop the knowledge, personal skills and experience required to be leaders in their chosen fields. Located in Waterbury, Conn., Post University provides a wide array of degree programs for on-campus and online students of all ages. It is known for its quality, career-driven academic programs, small classes, and competitive NCAA Division II athletics. Its full- and part-time students come from the United States and abroad, and are supported by faculty whose mission is to prepare students to compete and succeed in today’s global workplace. To learn more about Post University, visit www.Post.edu or call 800-345-2562.