Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine Establishes Education Agreement with Ngee Ann Polytechnic

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 04/07/2015 - 12:00

BASSETERRE, St. Kitts--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) announced today that it has established an agreement with Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) in Singapore that will increase opportunities for deserving students to attend veterinary school.

“At RUSVM we aim to train veterinary students to serve animal and public healthcare needs for the 21st century, anywhere in the world,” said RUSVM Dean Elaine Watson, Ph.D., DSc, FRCVS. “We are extending our reach across the globe to recruit aspiring veterinarians prepared to learn about everything from zoonotic disease threats to environmental, conservation and food safety and security issues to the latest advances in the care of pets.

“This new partnership with Ngee Ann Polytechnic will help ensure that committed and talented students from Singapore have the opportunity to become part of this vision and develop rewarding careers in veterinary medicine, training at a school based in the tropics,” she said.

Through this agreement, graduates of NP’s Veterinary Bioscience diploma program will receive priority consideration for admission to RUSVM, provided that they meet certain academic requirements. Qualified students will have their application fees waived, guaranteed interviews and be considered for eligible scholarships.

“Health professionals, including veterinarians, are in growing demand in Singapore,” said Hedy Goh, Ph.D., director of the NP School of Life Sciences & Chemical Technology. “This agreement provides our students with an opportunity to advance their education and prepare them for future employment possibilities, as well as providing a viable option to achieve their dreams of becoming veterinarians.”

The articulation agreement is the latest collaboration between the two institutions. Last year, RUSVM established a research internship for NP students. A select group of NP students spent 15 weeks at the campus in St. Kitts, where they completed a research project within one of RUSVM’s four research centers.

About Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine

Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM), founded in 1982, is committed to preparing students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team and to advance human, animal and ecosystem health (One Health Initiative) through research and knowledge exchange.

RUSVM has focused research programs with an emphasis on emerging infectious and zoonotic diseases, conservation medicine, and ecosystem health. RUSVM offers postgraduate masters’, Ph.D. and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) programs accredited by the St. Christopher & Nevis Accreditation Board (www.ab.gov.kn). The DVM program holds accredited status from the American Veterinary Medical Association (www.avma.org). The RUSVM Veterinary Clinic is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (www.aahanet.org).

RUSVM is a part of DeVry Education Group (DV). For more information about RUSVM, visit www.rossu.edu/vet

About Ngee Ann Polytechnic

Inaugurated in 1963 as Ngee Ann College with only 116 students, Ngee Ann Polytechnic is today one of Singapore’s leading institutions of higher learning with more than 16,000 full-time students, about 2,000 part-time students and an alumni community of over 130,000.

The polytechnic offers 49 full-time courses through its nine academic schools - School of Business & Accountancy, School of Design & Environment, School of Engineering, School of Film & Media Studies, School of Health Sciences, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of InfoComm Technology, School of Interdisciplinary Studies, and School of Life Sciences & Chemical Technology. Ngee Ann also supports Continuing Education and Training (CET) through its CET Academy which offers a wide range of part-time programmes.

Learning takes place amid a caring and conducive environment with top-notch facilities ranging from broadcast, multimedia and animation studios to research laboratories as well as simulation and technology centres. With our emphasis on broad-based learning, global exposure and character development, Ngee Ann Polytechnic’s vision is to prepare graduates with a passion for learning, values for life and competencies to thrive in a global workplace.

For more information, please visit www.np.edu.sg.