Seven exam cheats caught in Khalsa College

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 12/09/2014 - 22:11

Two cases of cheating and a suspected question paper leak through the mobile application WhatsApp were reported by Delhi University’s SGTB Khalsa College on Monday.

In the first incident, two students were caught using unfair means inside the examination hall. They were reported to the university’s Examinations Disciplinary Committee.

In the second incident, six students were caught with pictures of the question paper on their smart phones, while the examination was in progress, pointing to a suspected question paper leak.

Confirming the incident, the principal of SGTB Khalsa said that the matter has been reported to the university.

“In the first incident of using unfair means, the students were found to have answers supplied to them by someone from outside. In this matter we intend to have a zero tolerance policy. The matter will be probed by the university’s Examination Disciplinary Committee, which will also decide the punishment,” said Delhi University’s Media Co-ordinator Malay Neerav, adding that dealing with the other incident rested solely on the college.

“In the second incident, an invigilator has reported that the students who were not part of the examination were seen loitering in the corridor outside the examination hall, and on closer examination they were seen to have copies of the exam paper in progress on their smart phones. If this is true, and a question paper has been leaked, it is a criminal offence which cannot be dealt with by the university’s internal mechanism,” Mr. Neerav said.

He also said that the principal needed to report the matter to the police. A Maurice Nagar police station officer said that no FIR has been registered. “It seems to be a case of unfair means which will be dealt by the college or university. No case has been registered with us,” said DCP North Madhur Verma.