Travel Scholarships for Students of Nordic Universities in Africa, 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 08/14/2013 - 15:07

Nordic Africa InstituteEligibility: -Students registered in educational at Nordic universities, colleges and other research institutions in the Nordic countries ( Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) can apply for the scholarships regardless of citizenship.
-The scholarships are only intended for MA and PhD Candidates.

Description: Under this scheme some 20–30 scholars associated with Nordic universities, colleges and research institutions are sponsored annually for research trips to Africa. Natural science projects must clearly motivate how they relate to social sciences and development. The scholarships are not awarded for study visits, excursions, or participation in conferences. Funds to cover salary expenses cannot be applied for. Scholarships will not be awarded for fieldwork that has already been completed before 31 January (= the closing date for applications). Scholarships are not awarded to the same project more than once. Support is not given for language training trips.

Subject: Various Courses

Level: The Scholarships are Intended for Research and Preparation of Research Projects.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.

Provider: The Nordic Africa Institute

For Which Country: Africa

For Whom: Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)

Number of Award: Some 20–30 scholars associated with Nordic universities, colleges and research institutions are eligible for this scholarship.

Duration of Award: Not Known

What Does it Cover: Scholarships are intended to cover travel expenses to Africa and to contribute to the cost of local travel and living expenses. Exceptionally, scholarships may be awarded for archive studies in Europe.

Selection Criteria: The evaluation is a two-step process where the applications are primarily evaluated on the basis of scientific quality and relevance. Secondly, the distribution among the Nordic countries, disciplines and gender is considered.

Notification: Scholarships will be awarded late April. All applicants will receive notification in writing. The scholarships are payable as from May 1st.

Deadline: 31 January 2014.