University of Phoenix and Intuit Partnership Provides Students Access to Professional Accounting Software

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 07/15/2014 - 09:00

PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

University of Phoenix, a subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Inc. (APOL), and Intuit Inc. (INTU), the leader in online accounting software, today announced that Intuit’s QuickBooks® Online has been integrated into the University of Phoenix® School of Business’ accounting degree program to provide students with access to a real-world business application with direct relevance to many business environments.

“University of Phoenix is focused on providing students with the right education and skills that employers are looking for in their workforce,” said University of Phoenix School of Business Executive Dean Ruth Veloria. “By providing our students with access to Intuit’s QuickBooks Online, students will be learning accounting skills on a platform that is widely used by businesses and accounting professionals worldwide, which can help make them more marketable in today’s competitive job market.”

“This is an exciting opportunity for Intuit and University of Phoenix as both companies are focused on empowering up-and-coming entrepreneurs, small businesses, accountants and bookkeeping professionals,” said Jim McGinnis, vice president, Accountant & Advisor Group, Intuit. “With more than 1.7 million QuickBooks Online users worldwide, providing access to the leading online accounting software will help ensure that today’s students are prepared for a successful tomorrow.”

QuickBooks Online will be incorporated into University of Phoenix School of Business Accounting courses ACC/290 and ACC/291 (Principles of Accounting I and II). These programs are the fundamental programs for all University of Phoenix School of Business accounting students. Students who complete these courses as part of their degree program will earn a certificate in bookkeeping, thus giving these students an opportunity to gain a job relevant credential even before they complete their degree program. In addition, University of Phoenix business students accessing the QuickBooks Online software will have the opportunity to become QuickBooks certified through Intuit at the completion of the course.

For more information on University of Phoenix’s School of Business programs, visit www.phoenix.edu/business.

For more information on Intuit and the Intuit Education Program, visit www.intuit.com.

About Intuit Inc.

Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processingpersonal finance, and tax preparation and filingMint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United KingdomIndia and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.

About University of Phoenix School of Business

University of Phoenix School of Business curriculum is designed to meet the demands of the 21st century by providing associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs that prepare students to be creative problem solvers for the new economy. For more than 30 years, School of Business leaders have focused on the challenges facing business professionals by staying current with industry needs and collaborating with thought leaders to develop programs that students can apply to today’s business world. More information can be found at www.phoenix.edu/business.

About University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix is constantly innovating to help working adults move efficiently from education to careers in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, relevant and engaging courses, and interactive learning can help students more effectively pursue career and personal aspirations while balancing their busy lives. As a subsidiary of Apollo Education Group, Inc. (APOL), University of Phoenix serves a diverse student population, offering associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs from campuses and learning centers across the U.S. as well as online throughout the world. For more information, visit www.phoenix.edu.