University of St. Augustine Names New Vice President of Student Administration

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 10/12/2014 - 01:11

San Marcos, California (PRWEB) October 12, 2014

The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) has named Jeremy Wells, JD, vice president of student administration for USA’s three campuses in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. In this role Wells is responsible for all student-facing services, including admissions, financial aid, advising, and career and alumni services.

Wells previously served as the regional vice president of operations at Kaplan University. During his tenure Wells applied his focus on the student experience to Kaplan’s online and face-to-face student services for five campuses in Iowa and Nebraska.

“We are pleased to have Jeremy join the USA team,” said Dr. Wanda Nitsch, USA’s president and chief academic officer. “We hired Jeremy because of his strong commitment to student-centered values, which are fundamental to our core values at USA. He will provide the leadership, strategy and vision we need to maintain a strong multi-campus operation that responds first and foremost to the needs of our students.”

Wells earned his JD from the Ohio State University in Columbus and his master’s and bachelor’s at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. He is based on USA’s St. Augustine, Florida, campus.

USA is a member of Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 75 institutions in 29 countries and one of the most significant global higher education providers for health sciences.

About Us

The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) is a graduate institution that emphasizes health science education through innovative quality classroom and distance education, and is a member of the Laureate International Universities network. Founded in 1979, USA has locations in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. The university is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). USA’s physical therapy programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), and its occupational therapy programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Degree offerings include the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), the Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT), the Dual Degree Option (MOT/DPT), the Master of Health Sciences in Athletic Training, the Master of Orthopaedic Assistant (MOA), the Flexible Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and the Flexible Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT). USA also offers the Transitional Doctor of Occupational Therapy, the Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy, the Doctor of Education (EdD), the Doctor of Health Science (DHSc), the Clinical Orthopaedic Residency, the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship program, and continuing education seminars and certifications for currently licensed therapists. For more information, visit http://www.usa.edu.

###