University of West Georgia WebMBA Program Ranked Fourth in Nation

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 04/07/2014 - 10:00

CARROLLTON, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The University of West Georgia’s (UWG) Richards College of Business announced that its online master’s in business administration degree (WebMBA) ranked fourth nationally by U.S. News & World Report for 2014, outperforming more than 200 other business programs evaluated for the “Best Online Programs” rankings. U.S. News emphasizes admissions selectivity, peer reputation, student engagement and other factors when evaluating the quality of online business degree programs.

UWG shares its number four ranking with the University of Texas, and follows online business programs offered at Indiana University, Arizona State University and University of Florida, respectively.

“This ranking confirms what we already firmly believed – that our online MBA is a world class educational experience for those who want to take their career to the next level,” said Dr. Faye S. McIntyre, dean of the Richards College of Business. “The Richards College WebMBA is a rigorous program that prepares professionals to succeed in the real world. We are thrilled to be recognized by U.S. News and will continue our relentless efforts to provide all our students with the very best business education.”

The ranking comes as the university marks 50 years since it first began offering business degrees. The university later formed an official business school in 1973, naming it the Richards College of Business in 1997. The school offers a full range of undergraduate, graduate and certificate business programs.

Students in the Richards College WebMBA can complete all of their coursework online, with the exception of a two day in-person orientation in Atlanta, Ga. Since its inception in 2001, the program has graduated students from 14 states and currently has international students representing China, India and Chile. Graduates have gone on to successful careers in financial services, energy, real estate, technology and health care, among other industries. Students can complete the degree in 1.5 years.

The WebMBA is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the premier accrediting body for business degree programs. In 2014, the Richards College marks 30 years since it first received accreditation from AACSB International.

For additional information about the UWG WebMBA program, visit www.westga.edu/business.

About the Richards College of Business & University of West Georgia

The University of West Georgia Richards College of Business, named in honor of the late Roy Richards, Sr., a life-long contributor to West Georgia business and economic development, provides quality business and professional education in a personal and ethical environment. Accredited by AACSB International, the Richards College is a source of quality graduates and business expertise throughout the West Georgia region and beyond.

The University of West Georgia is the land of opportunity for approximately 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 93 fields of study. The university is known for its innovative approach to scholarly achievement, creative expression, and service to humanity. It is recognized by U.S. News & World Report magazine as the #45 public university in the South.

Founded in Carrollton, Ga., in 1906, UWG also offers classes at its Newnan and Douglasville centers and online. For more information, please visit westga.edu.