The Vincent Salierno Scholarship for Doctoral Studies, Florida 2013

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 09/05/2013 - 15:07

American Optometric FoundationScholarship Program: The Vincent Salierno Scholarship

Type of Award: Scholarship

Nationality: U.S. Citizens

Employer: American Optometric Foundation

Level of Study: Doctoral Studies

Subject: Scholarship in the field of Optometry.

Duration: Not known.

Number of Awards: Up to 2-3 scholarships offered.

Am I Eligible: A first year student pursuing a Doctorate of Optometry Degree is nominated by his/her institution for this scholarship. Second, third, and fourth year students of optometry enrolled in a full-time course of study are also eligible, but they must have a 3.0 (“B”) average for all course work taken thus far in optometry school. The Vincent Salierno Scholarship is eligible for automatic renewal provided that the recipient maintains a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and is enrolled in a full-time course of study leading to a Doctorate of Optometry degree. Continued eligibility shall be determined annually.

How do I Apply: Application materials (aside from the transcript that should be mailed) must be sent in an electronic format (preferably a PDF) to the Foundation.

What Does it Cover: Between two and five scholarships of $2,000 are awarded for each academic year with the award going to the school or college for application to the student’s financial aid.

Description: The Vincent Salierno Scholarship is intended for a student who has extraordinary financial needs and would otherwise be hard pressed, if not incapable, of meeting the financial requirements of attending optometry school. The AOF informs the schools designated for the current year’s program that it may seek candidates and provides the application. Only one student will be chosen by the appropriate scholarship and awards committee of the selected school(s).

Closing Date: September 13, 2013.