CET6 sample essay - CET6 exam essay writing on June 1992 : Looking Forward to the Twenty-first Century

The new century is approaching. It can be expected that there will be a breakthrough in life sceience and space science in the 21st century.

First, scientists will conquer incurable diseases through the transformation of genes. With the same technology they can breed new species of animals and even human life in the laboratory. Most important of all, they can decelerate aging and prolong life.

Besides, permanent stations will be set up in the moon or other planets or stars so that scientists can make a thorough study of the moon and other planets or star. Most probably life will be found in other stars in universe or the planets or stars suitable for the human existence will be discovered.

However, the scientific development will also bring about some social problems. How should we regard from an ethical perspective the one who is bred through the gene technology in the laboratory. How can the police identify the criminal from a group of people with the same DNA?

It is quite natural that we will meet problems in the scientific and social development. Therefore, we should be prepared to meet new challenges.