Do we need other people in order to understand ourselves

Being nice, friendly, and doing good to those around us will make us understand ourselves better. Our interaction with people is what shapes the life of a human being. We all know that moral values can’t be taught, the only way to get them is through learning and experience. Without the help of people around us we live our lives in a regular pattern, because there is no one talking to us and no one for us to talk to. So, we follow a particular pattern each day, and nothing about our relationship with others changes.

The way you treat others says a lot about you. For instance, a married man that goes out every day and returns home drunk. The next thing he does is to beat up his wife who has being home all day taking care of the house. He beats her up with no logical reason for doing so. That man will know that he has anger issues, because no normal man beats up his wife without reason. His attitude towards his wife has made him understand the kind of man he his, and the area of his life he needs to work on or change.

Additionally, the way we humans treat ourselves is appalling. The bible says we should treat others the way we want to be treated and Jesus showed us the perfect example. Everywhere he went he was constantly doing good, he healed the sick, raised the dead, gave hope to the hopeless, and life to the lifeless. He did this to show us that it is only when you do good to others that something good will also be done to you in return. We live in a world of give and take no one is willing to give freely until they have received something from the other party. But, Christ made us to understand that we are to do good to others without expecting any form of favor in return.

However, treating others well doesn’t mean you also will be treated well, it only means that you know the right thing to do and you are doing it. That is what people around us do for us, they help us know our areas of weakness and strength, as well as what we need to change or work on in our lives. They may not come out directly to say it, but through their actions one will be able to understand what they are saying.

In conclusion, humans have a lot in common, and to understand yourself completely you have to understand the people in your life or the people around you. Jesus was able to understand himself because he paid more attention to the people around him than to himself. He listened to them and made them know that everything will always turn out fine. So, without people around us we cannot achieve any form of progress in dealing with or understanding ourselves

Sentence: His attitude towards his wife has made him understand the kind of man he his, and the area of his life he needs to work on or change.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to he and his