Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (Study Sample)
It is sometimes argued that tourists from overseas should be charged more than local residents to visit important sites and monuments. I completely disagree with this idea.
The argument in favour of higher prices for foreign tourists would be that cultural or historical attractions often depend on state subsidies to keep them going, which means that the resident population already pays money to these sites through the tax system. However, I believe this to be a very shortsighted view. Foreign tourists contribute to the economy of the host country with the money they spend on a wide range of...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- The line graph below shows the time spent wit different media by children and teenagers per day. The table below shows the average time spent per day with major media by adults from 2010 to 2013. Summarise the information in both the graph and table by se 70
- The line graph below gives information on cinema attendance in the UK. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information given. (Study Sample) 68
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. 80
- The table below presents the number of children ever born to women aged 40-44 years in Australia for each year the information was collected since 1981. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where rel 83
- The graph below gives information about the number of cases of diarrhea in Mashhad between 1983 to 1992. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant. Write at least 150 words 70
Sentence: The governments and inhabitants of every country should be happy to subsidise important tourist sites and encourage people from the rest of the world to visit them.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize
Sentence: If travellers realised that they would have to pay more to visit historical and cultural attractions in a particular nation, they would perhaps decide not to go to that country on holiday.
Error: realised Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 269 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 11 15
No. of Words: 269 350
No. of Characters: 1355 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.05 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.037 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.737 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 99 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 53 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.455 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.364 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.357 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5