Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in order to get a broad education. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeper understanding of that area. Which approach to course selection do you t

Speaking topics in text

Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in order to get a broad education. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeper understanding of that area. Which approach to course selection do you think is better for students and why?

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

I believe choosing subjects from different fields is the way to go. First of all, it will broaden a student’s horizon and knowledge base. Not only I get to learn different things from variety of courses, most importantly, I can gain other perspectives in doing so. I will be able to think differently and can use many approaches toward the same problem. Second, it’s interesting to take courses from other fields. I get to meet a lot of students from other majors and talk to them. It’s great when I can have many types of friends. It would be very boring if I’m surrounded only by the people in my major all the time.