TPO 05 - Question 4

Speaking topics in text

TPO 05 - Question 4

Using the professor's examples, explain the advertising technique of target marketing.

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

In the lecture, the professor talks about target marketing which is the strategy of advertising to smaller, very specific audience. In the example, a cellphone advertisement targeting young people is shown during a pop music program. The ad will focus on how fun the phone is to use, and it is colorful. It will also show kids having a good time with friends when using the phone. But the company will show a different ad for the same phone during a business program to target business people. This version will emphasize how efficient the phone is, and how it can handle all business easily, maybe even save money.

1. Nowadays something you notice more and more is television commercials that are made specifically for certain television programs.
2. So let's say a company wants to sell a telephone, a cell phone.
3. Now during TV shows that young people watch, you know shows with pop music or teen serials, they create the commercial that emphasizes how fun the phone is.
4. You know, the phone has bright colors and they show kids having a good time with their friends.
5. And well the company wants the kids watching TV at this time to want to buy this phone, this phone that's made especially for them.
6. But the same company will make a different commercial to be shown during, say, a program about business or a business news show.
7. Now for this group of people, business people, the company will have to show how efficient their phone is, how it can handle all business easily and maybe even save money.
8. And here is the thing.
9. It's basically the same phone.
10. The company has just made two different commercials to appeal to different groups of people.