The Kelud Volcano

The Kelud Volcano

Kelud Mountain is one of active Mountains in East Java. Kelud Mountain is located in Kediri. Kelud Mountain is known as low-and-middle mountain. It had erupted several times in last one century. Last time it had erupted in 2007, because of that, seven victims were death. It was erupted again on 13th February 2014. Many people around Kediri were preparing to be evacuated by the government declaring Kelud Mountain erupted three weeks before, society around Kediri beyond ten km moved to the evacuated areas.

First time Kelud Mountain was erupted at 22.49 PM. The big sound was heard beyond Yogyakarta, Central Java. It sprinkled material from central earth upon five hundred meters. The materials throwing up from it were the volcano ash, stones, magma, and the same time as thunderbolt. That mountain was going on upon + 2 hours, but the effect eruption was around one half days that was full of ash volcano rain.

When Kelud Mountain was erupted, the situation in Kediri was like desert. That was the effect of dust-sprinkling rain beyond Bandung, West Java. The people living in that cities felt disturbed because the effect from the dust rain. The View on the street was blur, the view distance just four – five meter, all of drivers should drive slowly. In other hand, the health of society was disturbed too, especially the respiratory problem. So they had to wear the cover nose wherever they go.

Nowadays Kelud Mountain has begun to be normal. Although it has left many effects, the society had begun to do the activities again. That moment will be unforgettable moment for some people because the moment is the rare moment which needs to thanks to God.

seven victims were death
seven victims were died

The people living in that cities felt disturbed because the effect from the dust rain.
The people living in that cities felt disturbed because of the effect from the dust rain.