Vegetarianism

Vegetarianism

As people’s living standards improve, people have more and more choices to eat what they want in daily life. If a healthy diet is not chosen by people, over time they will become obese. Vegetarianism can help people to keep healthy. However, there also have some disadvantages on it. And vegetarianism is not a good choice for young children . Overall, vegetarianism still is a good way to become healthy for the general public.

Vegetarianism is a great way to keep healthy. Vegetarianism encourages people eat low fat and high fiber diet. So that can be an effective method to lose some weight. Vegetarianism also is a major dietary therapy in the alternative treatment of cancer. And there have some powerful evidences to prove that vegetarianism can help people to have lower rates of kidney stones, gallstone and diverticular disease. What’s more, vegetarianism is an economical and easily implemented preventative practice as well. So it is so beneficial to become vegetarians for people.

People also know that nothing is perfect and everything has two sides. Vegetarianism also has some disadvantages. Vegetarian diets are major food for vegetarianism every day. But some researches show that vegetarian diets just provide less protein than non-vegetarian diets. And vegetarianism also can not let people get enough mineral iron. Vitamins B12 and D also are lacking in some vegetarian diets. As we know, people need to get all the nutrients they need. So people need to be careful to become vegetarianism.

From the above, we can know that the vegetarianism is not suitable for everyone. Especially vegetarianism is not a good choice for young children. The children need all the nutrients for growth or supporting life every day. And vegetarianism can not provide enough calories for children. Vegan children tend to be smaller than other children. So children need to be careful to choose vegetarianism. And vegan children should have their growth monitored to make sure they're getting enough calories to meet their needs.

In my opinion, although vegetarianism still has some problems, it still is a very good way to keep healthy in general. Vegetarianism is a cheap and economical way for people. Vegetarianism also can be able to reduce carbon dioxide emissions effectually to protect the environment. And it is very easy to publicize the advantage of vegetarianism to let more and more people join the large group. So I think people should make some contribution for vegetarianism and popularize it to the general public. I look forward that day all of the people can enjoy the healthy life by vegetarianism.