Graduate Management Admission Council Names New Board Chair and Two New Board Members

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 06/19/2013 - 23:00

Wed, Jun 19, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

RESTON, VA--(Marketwired - Jun 19, 2013) - At its annual business meeting today in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Graduate Management Admission Council welcomed a new chair and two members to its board of directors.

Chairing the GMAC board will be Dina Dommett, executive director, leadership programs at London Business School. Arriving to the board are J. Michael Hardin, Dean and Thomas D. Russell Professor of Business Administration of Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama; and Toby McChesney, assistant dean of graduate recruiting and student services of the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.

"GMAC has long been the beneficiary of the exceptional people who have been chosen to serve on its board. They have uniformly brought a level of commitment, expertise and fellowship to this volunteer task," said David A. Wilson, president and CEO of GMAC. "Dina Dommett has been a tremendous asset to GMAC in many roles over the years and will be a wonderful chairman. I look forward to working with Mike Hardin and Toby McChesney, who will bring important value to board deliberations from their backgrounds and experience in education and leadership. This 2013-2014 board of directors will play an important role as GMAC continues to implement its strategies of expanding globally, developing and marketing new products, promoting the value of management education, and emphasizing the GMAT as the best first step toward a career with impact to students the world over."

"My service on the board has been very rewarding, as GMAC continues to embrace the challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing global education universe," Dommett said. "I look forward to contributing to GMAC's continued success as chair of the board and to working with Mike, Toby and the entire board, as well as the management team and staff in the coming year."

Dommett is executive director, leadership programs at London Business School. In that role she leads the delivery of LBS's executive MBA and Sloan Programmes, which include the consistently top-ranked EMBA global program as well as EMBA Dubai, which Dommett launched in 2007. London Business School's full-time and executive MBA programs are ranked consistently among the world's best by Financial Times and BusinessWeek.

Hardin is dean and professor of statistics at Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Alabama. Hardin has served as dean since 2011 of the oldest school of business in Alabama and one of the premier business schools in the South.

McChesney is assistant dean of graduate recruiting and student services as well as an adjunct professor at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University in Atlanta. The college is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and is the sixth largest business school in the United States.

Re-elected to the board is Alfons Sauquet, dean of ESADE Business School.

Terms begin July 1. Terms of board chairs are one year, and board member terms are four years.

GMAC's Annual Business Meeting marks the organization's 60th anniversary.

About GMAC: The Graduate Management Admission Council (gmac.com) is a nonprofit education organization of leading graduate business schools and owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT exam), used by more than 5,800 graduate business and management programs worldwide. GMAC is based in Reston, Virginia, and has regional offices in London, New Delhi and Hong Kong. The GMAT exam -- the only standardized test designed expressly for graduate business and management programs worldwide -- is continuously available at more than 570 test centers in 110 countries. More information about the GMAT exam is available at mba.com. Please visit gmac.com/newscenter.

Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE, and NYSEAmex when available. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page. Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.

Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data and daily updates provided by Morningstar, Inc.

Yahoo! - ABC News Network