According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en

According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated. Groveton's honor code replaced a system in which teachers closely monitored students; under that system, teachers reported an average of thirty cases of cheating per year. In the first year the honor code was in place, students reported twenty-one cases of cheating; five years later, this figure had dropped to fourteen. Moreover, in a recent survey, a majority of Groveton students said that they would be less likely to cheat with an honor code in place than without. Thus, all colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's in order to decrease cheating among students.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

This argument promotes the effectiveness of the honor code adopted by Groveton College and propose the application on the other colleges and universities. But for this theory to be pragmatic it is necessary to get answers to some of the assumption in the argument.

As per author, average cheating cases reported by the teachers are higher than cases reported by the students. Even after decline in the cases reported, it's anomaly that Groveton College consider honor code more effective then the traditional system of teacher monitoring the students. Going by numbers traditional system would be more effective among two. Author need to expound on the college decision to go with the decision of adopting the honor code.

Over the years there has been steady decline in the cheating cases reported by the student. Author seems to have assumed that declines in the cases reported is reflection of the decline in the cheating. But there is a possibility that students are not reporting the cheating cases as they might be indulged in the malpractices. Over the period of five years, college would have enrolled new students and students who were part of honor code might have completed the education and no longer be part of th college. There is a strong possibility that newly enrolled students might not be adhere the honor program and decline in reporting of cheating cases could be outcome of that.

If the outcome of the survey is considered, most of the Groveton students supports the honor code. It is necessary to eliminate the possibility that ineffectiveness of the honor program and getting liberty of cheating is not the reason behind Groveton students supporting the honor program.

Some of the colleges and universities might not be witnessing the cheating cases. For such institutions, author needs to stress effectiveness of the honor code on students results instead of promoting the decline in reported cases. This would bolster the argument and justify the adoption of the honor code by all colleges and universities.

To conclude, before applying the honor code on all the colleges and universities it is necessary to find out reason behind effectiveness of the honor code.

more effective then the traditional system
more effective than the traditional system

Sentence: Over the period of five years, college would have enrolled new students and students who were part of honor code might have completed the education and no longer be part of th college.
Error: th Suggestion: No alternate word

argument 1 -- not OK

more content wanted for argument 3 and 4