Argument Topic: "The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced

The advertising director of Super Screen Movie Production Company is of the opinion that greater share of budget should be allocated to advertisement because the positive reviews are increasing but fewer people are attending the movies. The recommendation seems resonable but the director has not cogently explained and the following questions need to considered and answered before moving forward with the given recommendation.

The director has come to this conclusion solely on the basis of recent report from marketing department and since this report is the starting point so the authenticity of report should be confirmed i.e. if the marketing department has made any mistake or not.

Secondly, the director says that fewer people attended the movies. The exact percent of decrease needs to considered and if the decrease is significant or not. It is premature to move forward with this recommendation if the decrease is not significant for example. 0.01%. Similarly, director says that there has been increase in the percentage of positive views, the exact percent of increase needs to taken into account.

The director believes that content of the reviews are not reaching to prospective viewers but it is possible that the viewers are aware of the movies but they now have some other source of entertainment that they did not have in the previous years.

One of the other major factor can be that other movie production companies have opened up and are making better quality movies. So, if this the case that people are aware but they have other better options, than this recommendation should be rescind and instead they should focus on making better quality movies.

These are the questions that has to be answered in order to evaluate this recommendation and to decide whether to move forward with this recommendation or reject it completely.

Sentence: The recommendation seems resonable but the director has not cogently explained and the following questions need to considered and answered before moving forward with the given recommendation.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and considered

Sentence: The exact percent of decrease needs to considered and if the decrease is significant or not.
Suggestion: Refer to to and considered

Sentence: Similarly, director says that there has been increase in the percentage of positive views, the exact percent of increase needs to taken into account.
Suggestion: Refer to to and taken

Sentence: So, if this the case that people are aware but they have other better options, than this recommendation should be rescind and instead they should focus on making better quality movies.
Description: The tag a determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to this and the

Error: resonable Suggestion: No alternate word

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

-----------------------

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/argument-topic-foll…

-----------------------