Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall stu

Fifteen years ago, Omega University implemented a new procedure that encouraged students to evaluate the teaching effectiveness of all their professors. Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent. Potential employers, looking at this dramatic rise in grades, believe that grades at Omega are inflated and do not accurately reflect student achievement; as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University. To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

To determine how this procedure has affected the overall grades of students and if their evaluations are inflated, as said by potential employers, there are some things to consider.

First, the author must explain how the teacher evaluation system works, and how does it affect teacher’s decision about grading their students. If the system only evaluate grades, and it punishes the teacher economically for bad grades, it would probably make the teacher give away better grades just to evade getting economically punished. On the same note, if the teacher gets rewarded for better grades in their students, there would be some teachers that in order to get that reward, would make alterations to the grades of the students.

Another thing the author needs to look for is that maybe the evaluations and reviews are actually working, and the teachers do take into consideration modifying their methods in order to teach better, hence the improvement of the grades. If this is the case, the Omega University should have to provide evidence to the public, or the potential employers, about the veracity and success of their procedure.

This kind of procedures to evaluate teachers ought to be created in a way that the student nor the teacher get punished or rewarded, unless a clear case of bad teaching methods or, in contrary, a great way of teaching. But even then, the committee must be careful not to fall into a vicious cycle where the teacher fears for penalization or strives for compensation and start giving better grades just for the sake of it.

The Omega University could verify the improvement of the grades by themselves and not by being affected by the teacher’s evaluation, by suspending it and see how the grades change with this, if the grades stay the same, it would mean the teachers really improved their methods and teachings, if they go back to the way they were, it would mean that teacher were actually misleading the grades.

You didn't get the point how to argue. You need to analyze the structure of the statement and then argue accordingly:

condition 1:
Since that time, Omega professors have begun to assign higher grades in their classes, and overall student grade averages at Omega have risen by 30 percent.

condition 2:
as a result, Omega graduates have not been as successful at getting jobs as have graduates from nearby Alpha University

conclusion:
To enable its graduates to secure better jobs, Omega University should terminate student evaluation of professors.

So you just need to argue those conditions and conclusion one by one: