The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central

The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner.
"Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number of skateboard users in the plaza. There has also been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism throughout the plaza. Thus, we recommend that the city prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The argument depict concern of Central plaza about their sales decline due to skateboarding number of customer incline in the plaza as well as littering and vandalism is also polluting the ambiance and environment of plaza. Hence, Central Plaza store propose to terminate skateboarding in the plaza. However, these recommendation is not supported by substantial rationale to conclude that skateboarding elimination would definitely increase the sale of central plaza.

Authors assertion on central plaza’s business is compromised due to popularity of skateboarding require explanation on question – How is central plaza sure that they are not having customers out of those who are actually coming for skateboarding? If majority of their footsteps/ customers are from skateboarding center. They need to reconsider their recommendation of prohibiting skateboarding in the complex. Also, they are required to analyze the appropriate cause for their scanty sale such as have they done any advertisement more than nearby stores in same trade in these two years and offered any offers in order to attract customers. If their analysis has some loophole, even their proposal to efface skateboarding would not boast their sale anyways.

Central plaza’s beauty is disturbed due to littering and vandalism is one of the cause of sale drop in central plaza. If littering and vandalism is the cause, blaming skateboarding center still not justify the recommendation of closing it. Because if skateboard agency is having footstep, central plaza as well would be having some footsteps and involving into vandalism regardless of customers visit to any store in the plaza. Here, it is required to know whether potential customers would return to central plaza if its environment is restore. If they return to central plaza would that bring all customer back to it? Not necessarily, they might not return to central plaza if they have some other reasons such as high price and low quality product or better nearby shop dealing in same goods. Hence, it is of prime importance for central plaza to consider that if aforementioned reasons are to be blame for their low sale their proposal to shut skateboarding is not going to help them unless they resolve other causes responsible for sale drop.

If central plaza has survey of customer satisfaction for their product price and product quality and result analysis of data of their advertisement and promotional offer of their product. It would give them base to understand every possible cause from their front. And if all these survey and data produce no flaw, they might blame skateboarding popularity for their sale decrease. However, blind blame for littering and vandalizing on customer coming for skateboarding is unreasonable. Because all the customer coming to plaza can be held responsible for disturbing the environment of plaza. Rather they must request to the managing authority to control it to help their business to do better provided it is one of the cause of their reduced revenue.

Incidentally to above mention explanation, Central plaza’s recommendation for shutting skateboarding is specious without the appropriate answers to question - whether same people who come for skateboarding are also visiting their store or not?, Weather or not, their advertisement and promotional offer have any flaws and are responsible for any reduction in sale? As well as whether or not center plaza’s customer would return to them if littering and vandalism problem is resolved? if and only if theses question are resolved in favor of Central plaza they can propose to prohibit skateboarding to boast their sale.

argument 2 -- Not exactly. Maybe litter and vandalism are not made by skateboard users.

argument 3 -- NOT OK. Need to argues against the conclusion: 'If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels'.