The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one

The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager.
"One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-third of what it used to be. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available, the change will obviously result in a considerable savings for Sunnyside Corporation, since the corporation must pay for water each month. Except for a few complaints about low water pressure, no problems with showers have been reported since the adjustment. I predict that modifying showerheads to restrict water flow throughout all twelve buildings in the Sunnyside Towers complex will increase our profits even more dramatically."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

Owner of the Sunnyside Tower apartment anticipated increase of their profits with decreasing maximum water flow in all twelve apartments. His conclusion was based on paucity of information, and since his argument is not cogent and convincing for me, I cannot aver his prediction. To bolster his argument, he should apprise the reader about answer of some questions.

First of all, before restricting the water flow, how was it in all apartments? Was it equal in all of them or not? If the water flow in all apartments were equal, decreasing the pressure of water in remained apartments may have similar consequence, but if it was not equal and the water flow in first three buildings was higher than others, the anticipated event may not occur. Maybe, decreasing the water flow cause a lot of difficulties for inhabitants and lots of complaints will report consequently. So, answering this question will help the manager to decide.

The second question is: how did the writer concluded that decreasing the water flow in three apartments resulted in saving? Since there is no statistical data about water he cannot concluded the decrease of water usage. Maybe because of lower water pressure, people spend more time to shower so it would even increase the usage of water.

Furthermore, what was the proportion of complaints to all inhabitants? And who were the complainers? It is possible that the number of inhabitants in these apartments is not much, so even if all the people complain, it wouldn’t be a lot of complaints. The other possibility is that all the people together write a letter and all of them sign it so the number of complaints is not a good criteria for evaluating people’s satisfaction.

Finally, how much modifying the showerhead to restrict water flow costs? And how much is the cost of water usage? Maybe, cost of showerheads is much more than cost of water in each month and therefore, with modifying the showerheads profits of Sunnyside Towers complex would decrease instead of increase.

The writer based on paucity of information about the result of decreasing the water flow of showerheads in one fourth of apartments, predicted an increase in profits with doing the same in remained nine buildings. But there are lots of unanswered question to evaluating his assertion.

argument 1 -- NOT OK

argument 2 -- NOT OK

argument 3 -- NOT OK

argument 4 -- NOT OK

You argued in a wrong way. Read samples essays and think way:
http://testbig.com/essays-list?keys=+Sunnyside&term_node_tid_depth=3