The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current

The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College.

"To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate. Moreover, the average rent for an apartment in our town has risen in recent years. Consequently, students will find it increasingly difficult to afford off-campus housing. Finally, attractive new dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enroll at Buckingham."

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument is based on major assumptions with wanting evidence, as it claims the need of building new dormitories with the increased rate of enrollment the college is experiencing without providing an insight in to what is the capacity of the current on-campus residence?, are the students who are joining the college intrested in staying in the college’s hostels. Moreover the argument claims a 100% increase in student population at Buckingham college without stating any evidence to support this estimation. Also, the writter terms new dormitories as a student attraction without any justification.

The first concern that arises after reading the argument is that what is the current occupancy status of the already preasant college dormitories?, How many people they can accommodate?, how many people are currently residing in them. It may be a posibility that the current residency might be sufficent for accomodating the estimated increase in population. Thus the writer should have negated any such posibilities by providing evidence of current capacity to be less than the expected intake of the tentative college hostels.

Next we see that the wiriter assumes an increase in enrollment tantamount to an increase in prospective hostelites. This may be true but can be chalenged as there exists the posibilty of students who are joining may have no intrest in on campus dormitories. Furthermore it might be the case that the students who have their home near the college, be the majoity of those joining it. Thus the writer should have made it clear that and adequate number of students who are joining the college will wish reside at the on-campus residence too.

Lastly the writer states that in a time of 50 years the population of the college will double with providing any substantial evidence for this estimation. The veracity of this claim depends upon what basis has this tentative increase in population determined. Thus the author should have explained in detail who does he suggests such large change in population of the college.

Thus we conclude that argument is lacking evidence to support it’s key assumptions and thus can be termed flawed.

Sentence: The argument is based on major assumptions with wanting evidence, as it claims the need of building new dormitories with the increased rate of enrollment the college is experiencing without providing an insight in to what is the capacity of the current on-campus residence?, are the students who are joining the college intrested in staying in the college's hostels.
Error: intrested Suggestion: interested

Sentence: Also, the writter terms new dormitories as a student attraction without any justification.
Error: writter Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The first concern that arises after reading the argument is that what is the current occupancy status of the already preasant college dormitories?, How many people they can accommodate?, how many people are currently residing in them.
Error: preasant Suggestion: pleasant

Sentence: It may be a posibility that the current residency might be sufficent for accomodating the estimated increase in population.
Error: sufficent Suggestion: sufficient
Error: posibility Suggestion: possibility
Error: accomodating Suggestion: accommodating

Sentence: Thus the writer should have negated any such posibilities by providing evidence of current capacity to be less than the expected intake of the tentative college hostels.
Error: posibilities Suggestion: possibilities

Sentence: Next we see that the wiriter assumes an increase in enrollment tantamount to an increase in prospective hostelites.
Error: wiriter Suggestion: writer
Error: hostelites Suggestion: hostilities

Sentence: This may be true but can be chalenged as there exists the posibilty of students who are joining may have no intrest in on campus dormitories.
Error: intrest Suggestion: interest
Error: chalenged Suggestion: challenged
Error: posibilty Suggestion: possibility

Sentence: Furthermore it might be the case that the students who have their home near the college, be the majoity of those joining it.
Error: majoity Suggestion: majority

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK

You need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current trends, will double over the next 50 years, thus making existing dormitory space inadequate.

condition 2:
Moreover, the average rent for an apartment in our town has risen in recent years. Consequently, students will find it increasingly difficult to afford off-campus housing.

conclusion:
Finally, attractive new dormitories would make prospective students more likely to enroll at Buckingham

then here goes the argument:

argument 1:
If the increasing enrollment is resulted from rising number of local students, building new dormitories will be unnecessary.

argument 2:
Evidence should also be cited for how the increasing rent in the off-campus neighborhood can be related to the overall economy in the nation. If inflation is the inexorable trend, meaning that the pecuniary value of everything in the society will rise as a whole, the students might be able to afford off-campus housing rent and facilities eventually.

argument 3:
students do not choose their colleges merely based on the housing conditions. Pedagogical quality, educational amenities, housing services, financial assistance, research opportunities or even school spirit may come before dormitory choices when it comes to college selection.