The following appeared in a memo from the mayor of Brindleburg to the city council."Two years ago, the town of Seaside Vista opened a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. Since then, the Seaside Vista Tourism Board has reported a 20% increase in vi

The following appeared in a memo from the mayor of Brindleburg to the city council.
"Two years ago, the town of Seaside Vista opened a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. Since then, the Seaside Vista Tourism Board has reported a 20% increase in visitors. In addition, local banks reported a steep rise in the number of new business loan applications they received this year. The amount of tax money collected by Seaside Vista has also increased, allowing the town to announce plans to improve Seaside Vista's roads and bridges. We recommend building a similar golf course and resort hotel in Brindleburg. We predict that this project will generate additional tax revenue that the city can use to fund much-needed public improvements."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation

The author of the statement believes that launching another golf course and resort hotel in Brindleburg would augment the incomes of government. The author predicts that such a growth in incomes would provide enough funds to cover much-needed public improvements. This prediction is based on the experience of launching the first golf course and a resort hotel in two years ago, which followed by a seemingly increase of the income of the town because of the tourist influx. There are several vital questions whose answers directs us to evaluate the prediction.

First, the author needs to ask whether the economic growth of the town was significant or not. What the author refers as an economic boost, is not reliable. The increase in the tourist visitors should be demonstrated in terms of number of tourists not by percentage. It is possible that the tourists were 5 people during a year and then, with a 20% increase, 6 tourists came to visit in the following year. Furthermore, are the new applications for business loans indicate a boon in the tourism industry? It is highly possible that new loans are the last-escape way, lest the applicants are bankrupt and might not be related to tourists at all. Therefore, the author needs to provide clear evidence on the increment of the tourist numbers.

Secondly, assuming that the increase in the tourist visitors has happened. What are the rival alternative bringing the tourists into the city? There might be many internal and external motivations why the tourists are coming more to town during these two years that opening the golf course and new resort hotel might be just a coincidence. Staying in Brindleburg might become quite economically that people chose to go there. Furthermore, it is possible that issuing visa for the visitors have become easy during these two years and that might be the reason for the increase of visitors not the hotel. With all this alternative the efficiency of the hotel resort and golf course is questionable in absorbing tourists.

Finally, even assuming that it was the hotel and golf course that boost the tourism industry in Brindleburg city, yet a threshold question remains. The author needs to ask whether the cost of construction and maintenance of new golf course and resort hotel would be compensated by the tourists It is possible that the costs of making another gold course and resort hotel is high that do not make any profit for years after making it. Furthermore, would enough money remain after that to cover the much-needed improvements? The improvement might demand so much money that cannot be provided by tourism.

In short, as discussed, the argument lacks several vital questions. The answer to enumerated questions can direct us to evaluate the argument. Without such answers, the equivocal conditions of the argument defy any firm interpretation of the argument to evaluate the conclusion.

Not exactly right on the point.

Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
Two years ago, the town of Seaside Vista opened a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. Since then, the Seaside Vista Tourism Board has reported a 20% increase in visitors.

condition 2:
In addition, local banks reported a steep rise in the number of new business loan applications they received this year. The amount of tax money collected by Seaside Vista has also increased, allowing the town to announce plans to improve Seaside Vista's roads and bridges.

conclusion:
We recommend building a similar golf course and resort hotel in Brindleburg. We predict that this project will generate additional tax revenue that the city can use to fund much-needed public improvements.