Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienced twenty days with below-average temperatures, and local weather forecasters throughout

Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region experienced twenty days with below-average temperatures, and local weather forecasters throughout the region predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years. Furthermore, many new homes have been built in this region during the past year. Because of these developments, we predict an increased demand for heating oil and recommend investment in Consolidated Industries, one of whose major business operations is the retail sale of home heating oil.

The article includes some predictions about this city's climate and base on them concludes the oil usage in future will be increase. Ergo he recommends to invest in industries related retail sale of oil. Nevertheless, he doesn't present cogent reasons to support his idea.

The author claims that the city experienced 20 days under average temperature but there is no exact details about amount of this average temperature. The winter season includes 90 days so if there were only 20 days under average all rest days were above it and this means last winter wasn't as cold as he claims. Besides there is no certainty about prediction of whether forecasters so the author can't premise these predictions.

Furthermore, he asserts this cold climate will continue for several years but the amount of these years is not clear. The article predicts based on just information provided by forecasters just in one year so it's clear this is not a trustful source. Therefore, he should collect more data in a longer period to make these predictions reliable.

The author mentions that majority of residents use oil as main heating source but he doesn't explain how percent of them continue this tradition. May be just elders use this method of heating and new generation didn't found this useful. Correspondingly, there are some ambiguities about new buildings those author claims will be constructed. how long this project takes long? How many buildings will be build?

The author assumes that all new buildings will use oil as their heating source but there is no essence for architects to design new buildings with traditional methods. Nowadays there are different ways to heat buildings more convenient and also cheaper than past. For example these new buildings can gain of electrical systems or even solar equipment.

Although the author proffers to invest in consolidated industries in this city but he doesn't provide adequate information to support his claim. Indeed, he predicts this investment will be fruitful but his conclusion seems irrational. All in all, a genius export will ponder about presented information before investment.

argument 1 and argument 2 are talking about the same thing.

argument 3 -- not OK

argument 4 -- not exactly

suggested:
Better to accept those data or evidence are true, and then try to find out loopholes.