Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the numbe

Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central Plaza store owners believe that the decrease in their business is due to the number of skateboard users in the plaza. There has also been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism throughout the plaza. Thus, we recommend that the city prohibit skateboarding in Central Plaza. If skateboarding is prohibited here, we predict that business in Central Plaza will return to its previously high levels."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation is likely to have the predicted result. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

This argument is about the number of shoppers in Central plaza decreasing over the past 2 years and it is stated that the possible chances of this may be due to increased popularity of skateboarding in the plaza. Also the store owners have opined to prohibit skateboarding in order to increase the number of shoppers in tha plaza. Well for this proposal to come into effect, it is necessary to have valid reasons and conclusions that might lay the fact that skateboarding is the culprit for decreased number of shoppers in the plaza.

The argument fails to provide the details about the people who are using the plaza for shopping and for skateboarding. It is possible that the shoppers may not be interested in skateboarding and in such cases the plaza remains unaffected from the shopping perspective. Also,it is not necessary that people who visit the plaza for skateboarding be recent visitors of the plaza. A survey or a study about these details would have helped in deducing the above.

Another point of concern is, before proposing for prohibition of skateboarding, the store owners must try to evaluate the quality of the materials being sold in their respective stores. It is very unlikely for the people to continue to visit a store if it has lost its genuineness and the quality. Hence, by prohibiting skateboarding, the plaza might invite more problems and may lose its business completely. Additionally, the argument should have specified if all the store owners are having concerns about their business or this issue exists in selective stores only. Hence the argument cannot be generalized.

Moving ahead, there is a complaint that there has been a dramatic increase in the amount of litter and vandalism. This might be due to the other visitors of the plaza and not just due to introduction of skateboarding. It is the responsibility of the plaza as well to closely monitor such issues and appoint appropriate staff to advice people to maintain cleanliness. Also, the claim is of just two years. We are not sure if skateboarding has been introduced recently in the plaza or was it existing two years ago as well. If it has been introduced recently then it is very likely to have high popularity as it is the tendency of people to try out every new thing that's in the market. Hence it cannot be concluded that skateboarding will continue to have similar popularity after a period of time.

Hence, by following the above approach and providing the appropriate details might help in regaining the high level business of the plaza.

Sentence: Also the store owners have opined to prohibit skateboarding in order to increase the number of shoppers in tha plaza.
Error: tha Suggestion: the

argument 1 -- not OK. There is no connection between decreasing the shoppers in central plaza and increasing popularity in skateboard. There are many other reasons behind decresing the shoppers in plaza.

argument 2 -- better: The author recommends that the city should prohibit the skateboarding in Central Plaza, so that they can recover the clientele. Although the city prohibits the skateboarding, it does not guarantee that the stores in Central Plaza attract the shoppers again.