The president of Grove College has recommended that the college abandon its century-old tradition of all-female education and begin admitting men.Pointing to other all-female colleges that experienced an increase in applications after adopting coeducation

The president of Grove College has recommended that the college abandon its century-old tradition of all-female education and begin admitting men.Pointing to other all-female colleges that experienced an increase in applications after adopting coeducation, the president argues that coeducation would lead to a significant increase in applications and enrollment. However, the director of the alumnae association opposes the plan. Arguing that all-female education is essential to the very identity of the college, the director cites annual surveys of incoming students in which these students say that the school's all-female status was the primary reason they selected Grove. The director also points to a survey of Grove alumnae in which a majority of respondents strongly favored keeping the college all female.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author believes that abandonment of a century-old tradition of all-female education and beginning to invite male students in Grove College, would result in the increase of the applicants. The author supports the conclusion with comparing the other alike all-female colleges changed to coeducation and are satisfied in doing that. Such intended shift is opposed seemingly by the most alumnae. Whether to see that such recommendation is reasonable or not there are several vital questions needed to be answered.

First, the author’s comparison is the main support of the argument. The author needs to ask how much the situation of their college resembles with the other colleges shifted to coeducation and are content with that change. On one hand, the compared colleges might be in a society which has accepted and encouraged such changes. On the other hand, Grove College might be in a religious society in which families preferring sending their daughters to all-female universities. Such families do not want their daughter to be exposed to boys to be tempted to do sins. With such a scenario, the loss of religious applicants might not be compensated by the enrollment of the others.

Secondly, the author should ask how the faculties would react to such a change. It might be a religious code, in that situation, like in Shia religion, girls and boys should have none to the least possible relationship with each other. If the faculties are adhering to such religious code, they might not comply with the changes and this might face the college with the problems. All the credit of a university is tied to its faculties, so it should be considered whether faculties are accompanying or not.

Thirdly, in many cases the financial aid from the alumnae makes the colleges to run properly. The question is whether such a shift to coeducation is complying with the taste of financial suppliers or not. Taking this change without the involvement of their idea might face the college with big financial deficiency.

Finally, the author needs to ask whether the facilities are ready to admit males. It is not the classes only. dormitories should be prepared for such changes. Bathrooms should be separated and sleeping rooms should also be separated as not to make any inconvenience to the students who are experiencing a change. Without this, students might make protestation against this act.

In short, such a change should encompass the cooperation of the students, students' families, faculties and the financial suppliers. All the vital questions should be answered to know whether the society is inclined to this act. The assessment of the authors’ argument is depended on how these questions would be answered.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. Need to argue against the director.

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/following-recommendation-was-made…