Several charitable organizations in Pleasantville provide opportunities for teenagers to engage in community service. These organizations have a great need for volunteers, but in recent years, the number of teenage volunteers has significantly declined.Th

Several charitable organizations in Pleasantville provide opportunities for teenagers to engage in community service. These organizations have a great need for volunteers, but in recent years, the number of teenage volunteers has significantly declined.

The Pleasantville School Board should take measures to increase the number of volunteers. Teachers, parents, and other community members agree that it is important for young people to learn the value of community service. Requiring high school students to engage in community service would provide much-needed assistance to worthy local charities and would also help young people understand the importance of giving back to their community. For this reason, the Pleasantville School Board should institute a program requiring students of Pleasantville High School to complete 40 hours of community service prior to graduation.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on the assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted

The charitable organization in pleasantville provide various opportunities for teenagers.They require many teenagers as volunteers,but in recent years graph of teenagers participation is going down.There are many flaws which stands for the reason of decline in teenagers involvement,hence it is unconvincing to have forty hours of program.

Firstly, Nothing is mentioned about the reasons for the decline of teenagers.This may be due to lack of interest of teenagers in services held in charitable organization. Perhaps teenagers might engaged in other charitable organizations,which provides far best services and attractions like computer games, swimming pools,gymnasium, or outdoor games court rather then provided by pleasantville. Also onerous of high school programs or their day to day activities hinder them form coming up for participation in social work.

Secondly,the argument states that measures should be taken to increase the increase the number of teenage volunteers.There is no clear mention that instituting the forty hours of program would be cent percent beneficial to community service.This can also have adverse effect on the pleasantville such that, teenagers can leave the pleasantville high school and join other where no such program exists. Due to compulsion on this program, it can effect the graduate students in terms of studies.The program would create lack of interest in the new admits and cause of which pleasantville school may go void and shut down.

Thirdly,the argument states that teachers, parents and other community members have agreed the importance of charitable services but teenagers.Nevertheless the teenagers who will actually performing these services are not involved. It is recommended that teenagers opinion must be considered as it is being serve for them.

In sum, the argument must provide clear cut states and reasons of benefits of charitable organizations, teenager who will be volunteers, to bolster the school board to institute forty hours of community service with a success and motive to increase number of teenage volunteers.

The charitable organization in pleasantville provide various opportunities
The charitable organizations in pleasantville provide various opportunities

it can effect the graduate students
it can affect the graduate students

teenagers who will actually performing these services are
teenagers who will actually perform these services are
teenagers who will be actually performing these services are

as it is being serve for them.
as it is being served for them.

argument 3 -- not OK