In surveys Mason City residents rank water sport swimming boating and fishing among their favorite recreational activities The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits however and the city park department devotes little of it

In surveys Mason City residents rank water sport (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to maintaining riverside recreational activities. For years there have been complaints about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to cleaning up Mason River. Use of the river for water sport is, therefore, sure to increase. The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational activities.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on the assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

While giving argument on the survey’s result and Mason City council decision regarding recreational constructions in Mason riverside, the author does not make a cogent base on why its facilities should be built. Conceivably, this stands with some rife, and thus, it would be prominent to know some specifics before jumping to budget on such pursuit.

To begin with, since many complaints about Manson river water quality and smell are exist, I am puzzled as to why and how city residents auspiciously rank water sport there. They are no telling facts that could bring considerable reason for swimming, boating and fishing in a smelled river. Therefore, providing survey rank on recreational activities should not to be an issue due to no comparable options of that resident can choose, what kind of structures are going to build in Mason riverside. So, this base survey to pursue city council devoting year’s budget to build recreational activities really does not make any sense.

If city council were to accept the result of survey, it should do so on an informed basis. Survey provider must asked to represent population using verifiable figures as the argument issued is lack of subtlety. How many respondent requested this move? Is it proportional to the number of total Mason population? What demographic diversity actually wants the survey’s purpose? How does that affect Mason City if it implemented? These questions that have no definitive answer in the survey that was issued.

As such, the argument to devote more money of city council for building recreational activities in Mason riverside should be seen as flawed. There are just too many unknown variables in the discussion. Unless the survey can present solid evidence to back up its claim, city council could not make an informed and accurate decision regarding constructing recreational facilities.

Sentence: Survey provider must asked to represent population using verifiable figures as the argument issued is lack of subtlety.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to must and asked

------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not exactly
-----------------------
Let's analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
For years there have been complaints about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. //those complains are from common people or from sports lovers?

condition 2:
Use of the river for water sport is, therefore, sure to increase. //maybe the water is too turbulent and not fit for water sports

conclusion:
The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational activities. //if more money in this year's budget is for riverside recreational activities, then the money for other favorite recreational activities will be less.

-------------------------