Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people. Recently, however, archa

To evaluate the argument introduced in the passage, one has to consider that there are various assumptions which can weaken it in many different ways. The argument that a previous belief about the origin of the Palean woven baskets has changed due to the recent researches is encompassed with deficiencies in the strength of persuasion.

Research, as its name is denoting isn’t ultimate and their conclusions should always modify by other groups, so in considering the case of the passage also, this fact is workable. A research of the archaeologist in finding the Palean baskets in the proximity of the Brim River is not definite to convince that previous beliefs aren’t correct. Just because researchers haven’t found any leftover of boats, it won’t be the ultimate evidence that other regions could weave the Palean baskets. Maybe merchandizes of the Brim River could commute to the Palea area by passing other areas and buy the mentioned baskets and return to their home in different paths despite the river, or also there is possibility that some of the Palean people had a form of nomadic life and had been found technology to make a form of the boat without the need of wood to peregrinate to other areas and as a result they could carry baskets with themselves to sell and make money for their life.

Maybe the deep Brim River wasn’t so deep in ancient periods and people could run their horses to cross it and reach the vicinity of the Brim River. Even if this assumption is far from reality that Brim River was shallow we should consider that because human is always seeking for the ways to find new lands, so there is a possibility that some people who were intrepid enough and trained enough to accept the risk of swimming deep rivers, could bring small volume loads and goods with themselves to areas near the Brim River. So to admit the argument of the passage, researchers should show evidence that there were no ways rather than the Brim River for the Palean people, also they have to show that the Brim River wasn’t shallow in ancient times or there wasn’t any financial relationship between these two regions.

Another assumption which can bring doubts in the arguments of the article is that if the woven baskets of the village of the Palea are prehistoric, so maybe people could carry these baskets with themselves to other regions by boats but the reason that there is no evidence of boats is that by the passage of time, water can carry woods constituents of boats to other places. Based on the fact that seas have ramifications which are rivers, so woods of the boats can be buried in the depth of the seas. Therefore, the argument of the passage is not convincing by considering different viewpoints except by convincing the reader that there is no evidence of boats’ leftover from the Palea era neither in the Brim River nor in any connected waterways to the Brim River.

Other assumptions that shed shadow on the argument is that maybe people of those eras could build bridges upon the Brim River and by these way sell their commodities to the areas in the proximity of the river and by the passage of time or due to the various events like wars, earthquakes or hurricanes, these bridges have become razed.

Therefore, findings of the archaeologists cannot change established ideas that the woven baskets are from the village of the Palea and there are various possibilities to firmly believe that people of other regions weren’t producers of mentioned baskets based on the reasons and assumptions that introduced throughout this article.

35 minutes
Thank you so much

----------------

argument 3 -- not OK. In the topic 'and no Palean boats have been found', but maybe people from other villages have boat and visited Palea.

argument 4 -- read this: The Brim River is very deep and broad. So we can't guess they had bridges.
----------------