1 Arctic deer live on islands in Canada s arctic regions They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough at

1. Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The assumption that the deer populations are declining because of the recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt leading the deer’s population to decline is not entirely logically convincing, since it lacks crucial information and evidences to support the argument. The author ignored mentioning important evidences to prove his assumption.

Firstly, there is no direct relation between the global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt and the declining in the deer’s population. This means that the inability of deer’s to follow their old- age migration patterns across the frozen sea is the main reason for the declining rate. However, this could have had an effect on the deer but not necessary to lead to death and declining in population. Since it is well known that deer is considered one of the most easily adapted animals. They can change their place and go live elsewhere in case weather and environment have changed.

Secondly, declining rate of deer could be as a result of deer’s hunting. Deer hunting is a sport for hunting deer from thousands of years ago. Many people enjoy deer hunting in many regions like Australia, North America and Canada, New Zealand and many other places characterized by their big areas forests where deer live there. By increasing the rate of the deer hunting sport without being controlled by legislation from the government or increasing the awareness from the animal rights organization regarding the extinction of deer could be the main reason for deer population declining.

Another third reason that could be behind the declining rate of deer population is the plant in which they depend on as their food. This plant might have been extinct and not planted anymore which lead to affecting their population. The deer could have been affected by the loss of their food or have been placed not easily reached.
Last but not least, the author based the assumption on reports gathered from local hunters which might be inaccurate. They should depend on data from accredited authorities and organization to make sure that the data is not misleading or incorrect. Collecting data also must be from various resources to confirm the accuracy of it.

Finally, to sum up the author based his assumption on inaccurate information. Therefore the assumption that the global warming is a main reason in the deer’s population declining rate is not sound and illogically convincing. It has many flaws and lacks crucial evidences to prove the assumption

Argument 1 -- not OK

Argument 2 -- OK

Argument 3 -- NOT OK . It is same as argument 2. You can argue 'according to reports from local hunters'. Maybe the report is not accurate. It is like a survey.