According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en

According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated. Groveton's honor code replaced a system in which teachers closely monitored students; under that system, teachers reported an average of thirty cases of cheating per year. In the first year the honor code was in place, students reported twenty-one cases of cheating; five years later, this figure had dropped to fourteen. Moreover, in a recent survey, a majority of Groveton students said that they would be less likely to cheat with an honor code in place than without. Thus, all colleges and universities should adopt honor codes similar to Groveton's in order to decrease cheating among students.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

the writer claimed that since reported cheating cases in Groveton college had been decreased after using honor code system despite increasing rate of cheating among college and university students, so all the colleges and universities should adopt similar honor codes as Groveton's. There are some questions should be answer to bolster the writer's assertion.

First of all, what was the trend of cheating in colleges? Since a rise of cheating among all university and college students has been reported, we can not conclude the increase of cheating among college students. Maybe cheating among university students had been aroused significantly and it decreased between college students, but the total trend was increasingly. So decrease of cheating in Groveton college is as other colleges.

The second question should be answered is; If the number of Groveton college's students was constant or has been decreased? Maybe the number of student has been decreased and decreasing the number of cheating was because of that. For evaluating the effect of this system it was better to compare the number of cheating per student in each exam.

Furthermore, writer should mentioned that reliability of student is how much. Maybe some students didn't report some of the cheating cases due to friendship or maybe since all the students attended in the exam, they couldn't notice some cases. In the other system teachers closely monitored all the students so the probability of not reporting cases was negligible.

Finally, what are the circumstances of survey? who were the respondants? How did they've been questioned? The answers of these questions could help the writer to identify the plausibility of the survey. Maybe just a few of students attended in the survey, so their answers couldn't be representative of all students. The type of survey should be determined; if the questioned had been asked from students, maybe they didn't answer honestly due to themselves security. But if the questions and answers were written, the survey could be more accurate.

To sum up, the writer had compared the trend of cheating in Groveton college after changing the monitoring system of exams with the result of a report about in all universities and colleges. He suggested that all the universities and colleges should execute this new system called student honor system. To bolster his argument, he should answer some questions about trend of cheating among college students and Groveton college's student amount,the survey's condition and the student's honesty in reporting cheating.

writer should mentioned that
writer should mention that

Sentence: Finally, what are the circumstances of survey? who were the respondants?
Error: respondants Suggestion: respondents