An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat that medical condition.Write a

An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat that medical condition.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

I agree to the statement that by gaining easy access to past records of a doctor's of treating similar ailments will help a patient determine the competency of the doctor to treat the medical condition.

A patient suffering from a disease does not have data to choose one doctor over the other. As a result, patients usually depend on "word of mouth" or a hospital's reputation to choose a doctor. By having access to past records of a doctor, a patient will be better positioned with data to make a better choice.

However, this will require the patient's discreetion in analyzing the various past records. Even if the disease is the same, each case of the disease can be different. Different patients may be subjected to different complications, based on their past medical history. For eg, a patient looking for treatment of frozen shoulder, who is also diabetic may require different treatment as compared to a patient without diabetes.

A normal person does not have the medical background to analyze the medical records, to determine if a doctor will be competent to treat his condition. Instead, a patient should consult his family doctor, someone with the required medical background and knowledge about patient's history, to help him analyze the medical records inorder to choose the right doctor for his condition. The records should be used to make an informed decision and not to assess the competency of a doctor.

To conclude, having easy access to a doctor's past records will be very helpful for patients to make an informed decision, if the analysis of the records is done by a person with medical background and patient's past history, instead of the patient himself.

Sentence: However, this will require the patient's discreetion in analyzing the various past records.
Error: discreetion Suggestion: discretion

Sentence: Instead, a patient should consult his family doctor, someone with the required medical background and knowledge about patient's history, to help him analyze the medical records inorder to choose the right doctor for his condition.
Error: inorder Suggestion: in order