Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

With the information provided, the assumptions leading to the conclusion drawn in this argument remains unfounded. The author uses the evidence that global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt results the purported decline in deer populations. However the author makes a number of unproved assumptions that hampers reader's ability to believe author's conclusion. If the author was to provide more evidence to support assumptions, the argument would be much more effective.

The primary assumption underlying author's conclusion is that he mentioned about reports from local hunters ...