Argument: “On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular mode of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should

Argument: “On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular mode of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit the number of mopeds rented by the island’s moped rental companies from 50 per day to 25 per day during the summer season. By limiting the number of rentals, the town council will attain the 50 percent annual reduction in moped accidents that was achieved last year on the neighboring island of Seaville, when Seaville’s town council enforced similar limits on moped rentals.”

In his letter to the editor, the writer has stated that the number of moped accidents in Balmer Island can be checked by arranging an upper cap on the number of mopeds being rented out during summer season by the moped rental companies. His assumption behind this recommendation is based on a similar trend witnessed by the neighboring island of Seaville. Seaville’s town council enforced a limit on the moped rentals and, thereafter, there was a decline in the number of accidents witnessed. However, the writer has failed to establish the very connection between limiting the moped rentals and th...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre