Claim: Researchers should not limit their investigations to only those areas in which they expect to discover something that has an immediate, practical application.Reason: It is impossible to predict the outcome of a line of research with any certainty.

Claim: Researchers should not limit their investigations to only those areas in which they expect to discover something that has an immediate, practical application.
Reason: It is impossible to predict the outcome of a line of research with any certainty.

In a world of complex problems, there is always more than one solution to reach a goal. The author addresses one of these techniques in his or her claim. Nevertheless, although the author’s claim seems valid, there are some inherent flaws and assumptions that need to be addressed and examined before the claim is to be considered strong and untenuous.

The author claims that researchers should not limit their investigations to areas in which they expect a certain practical application to apply. This case holds true in many situations through the histroy of science and research. If Galel...

Sentence: This case holds true in many situations through the histroy of science and research.
Error: histroy Suggestion: history

Sentence: It was innovaters like Galeleo who put practical application aside in some cases and relied more on intuition and instinct that eventually lead to the greatest discoveries of his generation.
Error: innovaters Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: For example, the drug Viagra was initally researched as a drug to treat a completely different condition, blood pressure increase.
Error: initally Suggestion: initially

Sentence: Even though, the author makes a strong case for not sticking to contraints when it comes to research discoveries, there are some instances where the claim and reasoning could not hold true.
Error: contraints Suggestion: No alternate word

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre