You are hereThe CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of our main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs, and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS. Given the low staff morale, as evidenced by the increase in the
The CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of our main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs, and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS. Given the low staff morale, as evidenced by the increase in the
The CoffeeCart beverage and food service located in the lobby of our main office building is not earning enough in sales to cover its costs, and so the cart may discontinue operating at GBS. Given the low staff morale, as evidenced by the increase in the number of employees leaving the company, the loss of this service could present a problem, especially since the staff morale questionnaire showed widespread dissatisfaction with the snack machines. Therefore, supervisors should remind the employees in their group to patronize the cart --after all, it was leased for their convenience so that they would not have to walk over to the cafeteria on breaks.
The argument that CoffeeCart beverages and food service may discontinue operating at GBS Company due to inadequate sales omits some important concerns that must be addressed to substantiate the argument. The statement that follows, reasons out the problems that the employees face and gives some evidence to support its claims. Further, the author concludes by giving a solution that the supervisor needs to remind the employees in the group to patronize the cart. This alone does not constitute a logical argument and it certainly does not provide support or proof to the main argument.
Most conspicuously, the argument does not address for how long the CoffeeCart is not earning enough to cover its costs. If it is a newly started venture then it will definitely take time to break even. The author needs to consider a pattern of sales data before drawing conclusions.
First, the argument assumes that the staff has a low morale and so there is an increase in the number of employees leaving the company. In a weak attempt to support its claim, the argument gives the evidence of the staff morale questionnaire which showed widespread dissatisfaction with the snack machine. There is a possibility that all other beverage and food are still preferred by the employees and only the snack machines need to be replaced.
Second, the argument never addresses the proper reason for the increase in number of employees leaving the company. It is quite possible that a rival firm is paying more salary and offering a lot many incentives to attract the employees.
Finally, if the staff is imposed to patronize the cart which will further increase their dissatisfaction. If the cart was leased for the convenience of the employees, the company needs to allocate a fund for proper maintenance of the cart. The argument does not address what is the root cause of the problem causing the sales to drop. There is also a possibility that a minor change can actually put the business back to profit, say for e.g. revision in the rate of items offered in the menu.
Because the argument leaves out several key issues, it is not sound or persuasive. If it included the items discussed above instead of solely concluding to shut down operations, the argument would have been far more through and convincing.
- 23:21:35 Anonymous
- 01:17:21 Anonymous
- 02:24:57 Anonymous
- 02:25:21 Anonymous
- 03:14:41 jad
- 06:22:43 Anonymous
- 06:23:39 Anonymous
- 08:12:51 Anonymous
- 15:46:11 Anonymous
- 20:57:53 Anonymous
- 20:58:03 Anonymous
- 20:58:41 Anonymous
- 00:33:25 Anonymous
- 00:34:10 Anonymous
- 01:38:46 Anonymous
- 01:39:14 Anonymous
- 03:51:01 Anonymous
- 03:51:25 Anonymous
- 03:51:48 Anonymous
- 04:00:38 Anonymous
- 06:41:59 Anonymous
- 07:24:46 Anonymous
- 07:25:24 Anonymous
- 09:09:29 Anonymous
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:“The inflow of immigrant workers into our community has put a downward pressure on wages. In fact, the average compensation of unskilled labor in our city has declined by nearly 10% over
- The following appeared in a memorandum from a regional supervisor of post office operations:“During a two-week study of postal operations, the Presto City post office handled about twice as many items as the Lento City post office, even though the cities
- The following is from a campaign by Big Boards, Inc., to convince companies in River City that their sales will increase if they use Big Boards billboards for advertising their locally manufactured products.“The potential of Big Boards to increase sales o
- The following is part of a business plan created by the management of the Megamart grocery store: “Our total sales have increased this year by 20 percent since we added a pharmacy section to our grocery store. Clearly, the customer’s main concern is the c
- The following appeared as part of an editorial in an industry newsletter:“While trucking companies that deliver goods pay only a portion of highway maintenance costs and no property tax on the highways they use, railways spend billions per year maintainin
- The following appeared as a part of an advertisement for Adams, who is seeking re-election as governor:“Re-elect Adams, and you will be voting for proven leadership in improving the state’s economy. Over the past year alone, 70 percent of the state’s work
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:“This past winter, 200 students from Waymarsh State College traveled to the state capitol building to protest against proposed cuts in funding for various state college programs. The oth
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:“Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury’s circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t
- The following appeared in a report presented for discussion at a meeting of the directors of a company that manufactures parts for heavy machinery:The falling revenues that the company is experiencing coincide with delays in manufacturing. These delays, i
- Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.