The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting

The council of Maple County, concerned about the county's becoming overdeveloped, is debating a proposed measure that would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. But the council is also concerned that such a restriction, by limiting the supply of new housing, could lead to significant increases in the price of housing in the county. Proponents of the measure note that Chestnut County established a similar measure ten years ago, and its housing prices have increased only modestly since. However, opponents of the measure note that Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. The council currently predicts that the proposed measure, if passed, will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County.
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

Author predicted not to restrict building new house in Maple County. It is difficult to answer whether the prediction made by author is correct or not, as author has given both positive and negative argument for his/ her prediction. Based on the following data author can’t draw a proper conclusion or answer for his/ her prediction. Here author is unable to give a proper argument to justify his/her prediction.

Here author is talking about the development of Maple County. Development is in the form of new house. County considered as developed if it would have more new houses. According to author County’s development would prevent the development of existing farmland in the county. This will directly affect farming as farmland is using to build houses. To control conversion of farmland into commercial land, County should restrict building of new house. But according to author this restriction again has one drawback, by limiting the supply of new housing, could lead to significant increases in the price of housing in the county. Author made a prediction that restriction could increase house price in County. Thus it will become difficult for a person to buy a new house. To draw a conclusion for prediction he/she has taken examples of two other County.

Chestnut County restrict building of new house ten years ago, and its housing prices have increased only modestly since. However, Pine County adopted restrictions on the development of new residential housing fifteen years ago, and its housing prices have since more than doubled. In Chestnut County restriction to build new house increased housing prices modestly whereas, in Pine County it increased to double. Since author has both the data, it is difficult to draw any kind of proper conclusion.

Author has made a conclusion but unable to explain the idea behind that. He/ she made a conclusion that the proposed measure, if passed, will result in a significant increase in housing prices in Maple County. Thus county should not restrict building new house. Here, author didn’t consider the drawback of building new house.

In summary, author made a prediction that Maple County should not restrict building new house. This prediction is based on the result which has been seen in Pine County. He is not considering the result of Chestnut County. Here author unable to give a proper argument behind his/her prediction.

no arguments available.

---------------------